Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lisa Kleypas-Blue Eyed Devil


Now that I have come clean about one of my, er, unfortunate addictions; I guess I can do a little book review for you. Yes, I discovered two Kleypas books had come out since the last one that I read Sugar Daddy.

Like Sugar Daddy, this is in modern times, which is not my favorite venue of this author. However, she still does it better than anyone else, and I can't resist her sex scenes. I don't know what it is about her writing that actually makes me read the story rather than skipping ahead. See I bought another unfortunate romance novel in the meantime due to a craving I was having for the genre. The writing style was excruciating to get through, so right to the sex scenes I went, and I am not sure I can go through the torture of sticking with the story.

Lisa writes in such a way that you are captivated from the beginning. Though I must say, damsel in distress works much better in Victorian times, when women really had few rights. Modern times, it's hard to take that any kind of woman would put up with that crap. Still she writes well, and keeps you intrigued. I would say this is the biggest complaint about her modern books. Even her historical romances could be written less from the damsel in distress viewpoint on occasion.

On the other hand, I made it more than half way through the book in the first day!! So it's pretty good as far as this genre go. See, I am ashamed to admit that I do love this genre, because it's mindless and fun. Much like how I love Gossip Girl. If you like this kind of thing too, check out this author.

No comments: