Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Feel of Fall


I thought it would never come, and now it's cold outside!! This means wearing warmer clothes for right now, as oil/gas are too expensive to start wasting as yet. My poor older dog, Jazz, was shivering this morning, and I covered her up with the down blanket. She doesn't have much meat on her bones these days, but I still remember when she would bust through snow banks when we lived in Worcester MA.

I find it hard to get up when it starts getting chilly, and I get easily chilled. It's lucky that my business/job keeps me outdoors most of the time, or I would just hibernate inside. That's what I used to do when I worked in corporate America. It was either being miserable inside working, or huddling under the blankets at home in front of the television. Dogs have really opened up my enjoyment of the seasons for me. Dogs and discovering skiing again six or seven years ago.

Fall gets chillier, and it also gets easier to hide your fat. However, I am determined to continue loosing my fat this year, and emerge in the spring much thinner. I am hoping to loose a good eight pounds this month, but I need to actually focus on that, and not how cold and chilled I get outdoors.

I am fine once I get outdoors and moving, but then when I stop....it's like the cold just settles into my bones. It takes a little while for my body to adjust to the chillier weather again each year. However, I get used to the cold more than I used to when I was younger.

No comments: