Monday, July 7, 2008

Things I Obsess About


The other day, me and my husband go for a walk down the dirt roads, past neighbors houses and to the beach. We walked by a neighbor whom my husband claims never says hello to him. She almost always does greet me. This day she was reading a book on her porch.

Now I have in the past (I really need to get some bifocals or something) been a huge book reader. So I don't greet her, as I don't want to interrupt her in the middle of a pertinent chapter. Then the whole way down I am thinking "was I just rude to that nice little old lady". And then, she didn't greet my husband, does she not like him?

Lady was just reading a book for gosh sakes, why does this thought keep floating around in a circle? Anyone else have these stupid things that just get stuck in a loop. It reminds me when i hear an annoying jingle, and then that jingle is trapped in my head for the rest of the day. I mean, I actually find myself humming this thing that annoys me, or making up different words to it.

The brain is so bizarre.

No comments: